Home Remedies for Constipation
If you are constipated, you will have trouble having a bowel movement. In some cases you might stop having a bowel movement all together.
When this happens, it can lead to other problems as your body is no longer getting rid of toxins. The toxins will now enter into your bloodstream and can cause certain parts of your body to stop working properly.
The number one cause of constipation is diet.
If you are not getting enough fiber in your diet it can lead to constipation. If you are not drinking enough water it can lead to constipation.
You can try these home remedies for constipation and avoid taking pills and having other complications related to constipation.
4 Home Remedies for Constipation
So… the 1st of the home remedies for constipation is to change your diet.
- Start eating more fruit. For the most part, all fruits can help treat constipation with the exception of bananas.
- Some of the best fruits include prunes, oranges, grapes, pears and papaya.
- The key is to get more fiber going into your system.
- Eat fibrous foods such as beans, legumes, wild rice, brown rice, multi grains, etc. You can also add flaxseed to your daily diet for an excellent source of fiber.
- You can take fiber pills or powder, but it is always better to get your nutrition through the foods you eat.
- Eating more salads and green vegetables will help add more fiber to your diet.
Remedy #2. Coffee for Constipation
Coffee is also a great home remedy for treating constipation.
Coffee is a natural stimulant. It can therefore stimulate your digestive tract and cause it to start working the right way.
Many people use this method by drinking a cup of coffee every morning when they wake up.
Remedy #3. Honey for ConstipationAnother great remedy for constipation is honey.
Honey is a natural laxative. It, like coffee, can stimulate your digestive tract and cause your bowels to move.
All it requires is a tablespoon of honey a few times a day. Honey is also good for treating other ailments such as allergies.
So by eating honey you are getting many benefits in addition to it helping with constipation.
Remedy #4. Drink Water for Constipation
And last but not least we have water.
Water is a very powerful thing. It literally helps clean out your system.
Water helps to push the bowel into your digestive tract so it can be released out of your body. This is probably the easiest and least expensive remedy of all.
So start eating 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
I know it sounds like a lot but really it isn’t. If you drink a glass as soon as you wake up, and with all of your meals and snacks throughout the day, you will reach the 6 to 8 mark.
And if you don’t like the taste of water you can always spice it up by adding a flavor pack to it.
Other Home Remedies for Constipation
- Ground Flax seed every day
- Legumes -like split peas
- Raw vegetables
- Psyllium Husks
- Magnesium Supplement
Return to Home Remedies Health from Home Remedies for Constipation.
Tips from a Dr about Home Remedies for Constipation:
The Master Cleanse Diet for Cleansing the Colon and Healing your body: