Home remedies for ear infections
Home remedies for ear infections are an excellent alternative to antibiotic treatments that often don’t work well and sometimes can cause more problems for the body.
Have you ever had an ear infection now or when you are a child?
Ear infections are a rather common ailment and it is usually experienced during childhood. Although it is more common for children, it can still affect you even when you are older. There are also instances when this occurs in toddlers and babies.
Many times ear infections are treated with antibiotic treatments. However, the problem with this is that ear infections are not always bacterial in nature. Sometimes, it can be cause by a virus or some fungi.
Viruses and Fungi cannot be treated with antibiotics, so then a person gets too much antibiotics and this can alter their immunity and decrease the good bacteria in the body.
As more people are aware of the dangers of antibiotics, they are looking for alternative treatments and home remedies for ear infections.
This is where home remedies for ear infections such as the use of garlic oil comes in. It is not only cheaper, it is also more effective. Remember though that these home remedies can only work if the ear infection is not as serious. If the infection has reached the middle ear, then you may need to consult with your doctor for guidance.
Excellent Home Remedies for Ear Infections Video on:
~How to make a Natural Ear Drops with Herbs, Olive Oil, + Garlic Oil to help with Ear Infections
If your ears are infected, then there are some things you can do at home. The great thing is that you can do this with ingredients that are readily available. Here is a brief rundown of things you can use to alleviate your ear infection.
Common home remedies for ear infections include:
- 1-2 drops of olive oil, warmed to lukewarm, placed in each ear -warm by placing a small amount in a dropper bottle or glass mug and set the dropper bottle or mug into a larger bowel of hot water. The ear drops should be lukewarm to the touch of the inside of your wrist (a sensitive skin area)
Dr Oz + Garlic ~ Home Remedies for Ear Infections
- 2-3 drops of warmed onion juice in each ear
- Several drops of hydrogen peroxide in each ear for 10 minutes -this helps kill microbes and bad bacteria
- A warm -not hot- compress or warm water bottle applied to the outside of the infected ear for 10 minutes
- Keeping the head of the child’s bed higher so that the ears can drain. For young children, place something under the mattress -don’t use pillows under a young child’s head
- Giving the child water to sip and swallow, which may help open the eustachian tube
- Placing several drops of breast milk in the affected ear every four hours (breastfed babies also experience fewer ear infections than bottle-fed babies)
Here are more of the home remedies for ear infections:
- The first thing that you need is garlic juice. You can get this by squeezing the fresh garlic and getting a few drops. Put these drops in your infected ear then blow dry it using a hairdryer that is around 12 to 15 inches from your ear. This will ensure that your ear does not contain excess moisture that will tend to aggravate the infection rather than cure it.
- After that, put 2-3 drops of olive oil into your ear along with lobelia extract.
- Add a couple drops of colloidal silver, which is a natural antibiotic.
- You can also use the juice of the mango leaf- slightly warm 1 teaspoon of mango leaf juice and put a couple drops in the infected ear. It all depends on what you have ready at home.
- Another thing you can do is to ensure that you are having enough nutrients in your body.
- For example, Vitamin C and Zinc are vital nutrients if you want to reduce your ear infection.
- Eat balanced meals with less processed foods.
- Also, eat a diet with lots of calcium. This will not only lessen the infection, it can also help your body heal its other infections as well.
So as you can see, you do not need to always take some antibiotics if you have an infected ear.
You can use natural means such as the home remedies for ear infections discussed in this article.
These are economical, effective and very easy to do. You can also often find the ingredients at your local grocery.
Home Remedies for Ear Infections for children ~and some of these can work for adults
Of course, we always recommend consulting with your Doctor when you start any new or different treatment!
It is always good to consult with a doctor, as well as to do your own research and be as knowledgeable as you can about your body and the illnesses and problems your body may have!